Summer Fun!

We've been wrapping up the class over the last month or so, and now are pretty much set to coast for the summer.  Usually we sign off for the summer, but this year I thought I'd try to do something different: for those of you getting a head start on your law school applications, I'll be hosting a Personal Statement Boot Camp on this blog, where I will discuss some of the common pitfalls -- and how to avoid them --of law school personal statements.  We'll go back to our regular Ask Asha posts to answer your questions starting in September.

For 203 readers who aren't in the process of applying to law school, I'll also have a summer book club on the blog.  I haven't decided on the theme yet, but I'm considering a selection of books written by former lawyers (and ideally, about something other than the law).  Maybe this will help calm anyone already locked into law school and who now has cold feet about becoming a lawyer...you can always become a writer.

I'm off to Mexico for a week but will be back in action starting the last week of June!

Comments

Ernestine Blango said:

Can't wait for the PS boot camp.

# June 19, 2010 10:50 PM

Tie said:

looking forward to the boot camp!

# June 24, 2010 4:56 PM

Steve said:

Dear Asha,

I would really appreciate a blog entry on transfer applications.  When can we expect Yale to acknowledge our applications and whether or not they are complete?  So far it has been radio silence from Yale and I submitted a few weeks ago.

Thanks!

Scott

# June 27, 2010 12:11 AM

Noelle said:

Hi Asha,

I was homeschooled from Grade 3 to Grade 10.  I feel that this makes me somewhat unique from other applicants.  However, do you think that this would be a good subject to include in my personal statement?  Or does it make me seem immature and focused on high school?  Thank you!

# June 27, 2010 3:27 PM

CollegeThrive said:

The SUmmer book club sounds interesting!

# July 3, 2010 9:08 PM

Boston livery said:

I'll also check out the summer book club on the blog. Sounds Great!

# July 18, 2010 6:06 PM

Sue said:

@Noelle: You have the best sense of what (topic-wise) would make for a good personal statement.  I think the question to ask yourself is whether your experience of being homeschooled will really shed some light into who you have become/are at this point in your life, what motives and drives you, what questions interest you, and/or what goals you are trying to pursue.  If you feel that there is something else that can better give us a sense of how you got to this point in your life and what you're all about, you could always discuss your homeschooling in your 250.

# December 12, 2012 10:52 AM